Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spike horn

Oct. 20Th 2012 my youngest son shot his first buck with my uncle bobs remington 7600 30 06 carbine. My uncle passed away several years ago and its said that he was one of the greatest hunters ever. He killed more than 100 bucks in his life time and he rarely missed. I am so proud that on my sons first hunt with uncle bobs gun he shot his first buck. Spike horn was with us that day on the top of spike horn mountain and the legacy of greatness has now been passed on to the next generation. My only regret is that I never got to really know uncle bob as an adult or as a hunter. I have only the legendary stories. I now know that while in the woods on any given cool october morning uncle bob, « spike horn » will be there with TC and when his old remington roars blood will be shed and deer will be dead. Another Allen has picked up where Bob left and will continue to dominate the forests as the top of the food chain during deer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment